Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Beginning

This blog is about my "journey" to restore my Datsun 280ZX.  I am not a mechanic, I do not work in a body shop.  I have never changed my oil or even a tire.  I mainly just drive.  And mostly to take my kids where they need to go.  I had a 280zx years ago and have missed it.  Recently, I decided to see if I could find another one.  Unfortunately, the ones in good condition were way out of my budget.  And the ones in my budget were not in great running condition.  After much looking, finally found one that ran decently and didn't need an excessive amount of work.  Most people that I have told that I was going to restore this car have labeled me nuts.  And some people have come right out and told me that I can't do it.  Okayyyyy....the gaunlet has been thrown down.  I realize that this is a HUGE job but I think I can do it.  I know there are some things that I won't be able to do (most engine work) and some things I won't want to do (making new seat cushions) but overall I think I can do most of the work.  What I do have going for me is that I am stubborn.  And don't like being told I can't do something.  I sew (will come in handy for covering the seats) and am a metalsmith (not sure where this fits in but it could come in handy).  I also love to fix things. So here starts my labor of love to restore my 280zx.

No comments:

Post a Comment